Thursday, July 2, 2009

La Aurora Leoninos Corojitos

Review of the La Aurora Leoninos blend I recommended yesterday:


This cigar converted me to smoking cigars with a thin ring gauge.


Initial Impressions: This was a long and thin RG smoke. My experience with these is quite small so I did not know what to expect. It had a nice reddish-brown wrapper that was smooth and had one or two prominent veins on it. No pre-light aroma came from this cigar.


Smoking: Excellent construction on this cigar. The draw was perfect, no plugged spots, from start to finish. The burn was even the whole way through. The cigar also burned cool, no overheating. The ash was white and firm. Perfect construction here.


Taste: This was a medium-bodied cigar that was smooth the entire way and never turned harsh. It started out with a "woody" sort of tobacco flavor with some sweetness and the finish was mild and sweet and stayed on the palate for a long time. About half-way through I noticed some mild "coffee"-like tastes as well and the sweetness increased in intensity. The finish became more full and continued to stay on the palate for a long time. The aroma coming off of this cigar was the most pleasant I've smelled in a long time.


Conclusion: This was an excellent smoke with perfect construction and very pleasant taste. I've had some thin RG smokes before that where either too tight or burned to hot, but the construction on this was flawless. The taste of this cigar was also very nice and pleasing. I'm not a regular smoker of thin RG cigars, but I wouldn't mind having a box of these on hand for those cold winter nights or for a nice 20-30 minute smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment