Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Some Old Reviews

Here is an old review with pictures to start things off...


My Father Robusto by Don Pepin Garcia


Initial Impressions: I received this from a member of an online cigar community/forum in which I participate . This one is made from the Don Pepin's own grown tobacco and retails for a premium price. This cigar had a very pretty reddish-brown wrapper that had a nice oily sheen, was smooth, and had no blemishes. A mild pre-light aroma came off of this cigar





Smoking: This cigar had a perfect draw that had a lot of smoke from start to finish. The burn was even the whole way through and remained cool all the way down to the nub, no overheating. The ash was firm and white and stayed on the cigar until I ashed myself. The wrapper behaved well and did not crack or unravel. Perfect construction.
Taste: This was a medium-full bodied cigar that was smooth the whole way through, no harshness. It started out with a mild spice that actually lasted the entire smoke, which was very pleasant. The starting taste was a medium tobacco taste that had some sweetness to it. The finish was full and stayed on the palate for a long time. The taste then became "nutty"-like and also had some "coffee"-like taste to it and other complexity that I cannot define the further I smoked this cigar. The finish remained very full and stayed on the palate for a long time. A very full and pleasant aroma came off of this cigar while smoking.
Conclusion: This was a great all around stick. Perfect construction and great taste = great cigar. The premium price tag may throw some off and turn others away, but I saw the robusto at $10 at a B&M I frequent, and I think that's a fair price and I would not hesitate to smoke a few more. Very nice blend here and good first outing for Don Pepin's own tobacco. Looking to try the lancero next.

No comments:

Post a Comment